If you have been following our ministry on Facebook, I posted another page for the ministry’s website is being created. Well, here it is! I mentioned in my Facebook post on February 5th that I once was a professional bowler. Not famous as Earl Anthony, Dick Weber, Mark Roth, or Walter Ray Williams, Jr., but I have made some marks in bowling.
I started bowling at 6 years old. My Mom was bowling professionally in the early 1960s and she thought it was a way to meet other kids and maybe enjoy a sport that she enjoyed as a kid. It stuck with me and I wanted to pursue it further. Wanting to be the best, I needed a good coach. Got my coach, laughed at by others, but kept striving. I achieved what God planned for me.
Again, I am Dale Van De Bogart originally from Yuba City, Ca about 40 miles north of Sacramento. Retired Navy and currently live in Bunnlevel, NC where we run our ministry. I also work as a Cybersecurity Analyst. Married with three grown children and six grandchildren. I have a Master’s in Christian Ministry from Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, OK, and a Bachelor’s in Biblical Studies from Carolina College of Biblical Studies, Fayetteville, NC.
My achievements in bowling are too numerous to mention, but I have won multiple tournaments on local, state, national, amateur, military, and professional levels.
- Five-time Bowler of the Year, 1978, 1979, 1988, 1990, 1993.
- Five-time All-Star in two cities, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990-Pensacola, FL and 1991-Charleston, SC.
- Rookie of the Year, 1978.
- Youngest to roll a 300 at Yuba City Bowl, Yuba City, Ca. 20 years, 2 months, 22 days. January 11, 1982
- Rolled the first ever ABC-sanctioned 800 series in Pensacola, FL. 803 January 8, 1988.
- Rolled the first perfect game ever at Stars and Strips Bowling Center, NAS Pensacola, FL. September 13, 1987.
- Achieved highest three-game series ever at Stars and Strips Bowling Center, NAS Pensacola, FL. 820, January 26, 1988.
- Achieved highest three-game series ever at Marrington Bowling Center, Trident Weapons Station, Goose Creek, NC, April 22, 1993, 279-300-299=878.
- 32 300 games and 16 800 series. #16 came on March 15. 2023 at Dragon Lanes. Ft. Liberty, NC (formerly Ft. Bragg), 278-259-269=806.
The God of Multiple Chances
When I achieved all the above, I was not walking with God at all. I was a terrible person and did not care about anyone, especially me. Drank alcohol excessively, and could not hold a meaningful relationship with any woman. I had a very small circle of friends. It was not until 1992 that I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and I saw my life change for the better. God has forgiven me of a multitude of sins and can do the same for you.
God gave me another chance to do great things as a bowler and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He has given me this chance, it reminds me of how He is the God of multiple chances. Just read in the Old Testament how many times He gave Israel a chance to change their cycle of defeat and turn back to God. Granted my cycle as a Christian has not been like that at all. It is the cycle of being able to come back to bowling this time and use it to glorify God.
I will stop right here as you will learn more about me, bowling, and God. My prayer for everyone is to enjoy these posts and receive a huge blessing. I will discuss more on how I became a professional bowler, my accomplishments, and some stories from over 55 years of bowling.
Therefore, don’t forget to roam around our website, follow us on Facebook as we post daily Scripture to start your day and announcements on what is happening at Van De Bogart Ministries, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Each Wednesday we post a new My Thoughts video where we teach the Word of God.
|Who Am I, Part 3||Posted: April 5, 2023|
|Who Am I, Part 2||Posted: February 26, 2023|
|Who Am I, Part 1||Posted: February 26, 2023|