These past weeks have been enlightening for us going back and forth on our beliefs. We have both asked and answered plenty of very good questions. Let us take a step back and digest what we have been going back and forth this week. To help shed some light, you can view our ministries’ mission statement. One of the main beliefs is that we teach and confess that:
- The Bible is inspired by God and written by over 40 people that He choose to convey His word.
- We also believe that the Bible is inerrant as it is not made up of humans sitting around a table.
- The Bible is infallible as it will never fail you, it will give you wisdom, and can lead all to salvation through faith.
We also believe to help believers to use and build up their measure of faith. God assigned the same measure of faith to everyone (Romans 12:3). If our faith grows, it depends on us, and how it grows is to read and study or research God’s Word. We use it and put it into play. As we grow our faith, we will prosper as our soul prospers (3 John 2).
If you look at our Statement of Faith, it pretty much lines up with most churches and ministries. One of the statements is that we believe in divine healing. We have seen it personally and God does perform many different types of healing, such as physical, mental, and emotional. God heals immediately (Isaiah 53.5, 1 Peter 2:24), some get healed right away, and others do not. The reason for that is they have a spiritual heart condition.
We also believe in total prosperity. Of course, when one speaks of prosperity, the first thing that comes to mind is wealth and is received in negative tones. Prosperity in the Bible means many things. One that comes to my mind is health. I love lots of health prosperity, wouldn’t you? Many other types of prosperity include:
- Spiritual Prosperity: We must be born-again and when we are, our Spirit is reborn and in fellowship with God
- Emotional Prosperity: True peace and joy can only be found through Christ Jesus!
- Mental Prosperity: Revelation knowledge, mental abilities beyond our own, and a sharp mind like Moses had even at 120 years old
- Relational Prosperity: Only God can truly prosper you in the area of relationships
- Accomplishment (favor) Prosperity: It opens the door for the blessings of God, even when, in the natural, it may not seem possible. Faith mixed with God’s word changes facts.
The issue we have here as I wrote about over a year ago is STOP BASHING PREACHERS! Our calling to pastoral ministry is nothing short of lonely, rough, and at times disappointing. We want to go out and make a difference. Too many times we face extreme disappointments. Most will either quit, get a higher degree to teach, or just leave God altogether.
I have seen this in other pastors that I know. I also know many pastors who are very humble and will not quit and I know pastors that their egos could not fit through a door. They preach God’s word, and afterward, would not give you the time of day. I know who they are and could give you a long list of names, but what would that do? What profit is there in bashing someone? God, through Jesus, has called us to peace (1 Corinthians 7:15).
I could sit here right now and bash many pastors for their beliefs and for their preaching/teaching, but I will not stoop to that level. Personally, I have been bashed many times, mostly by people who are repeating what they heard someone say, and ones who only read the Bible, but not study it.
I really do not care what they have to say. Learned that lesson a few years ago. We need to be concerned not with what pastors preach, but what we preach or teach others. Jesus’ last commandment before He ascended into heaven was to go and make disciples of all nations and to teach them all the commands that I have given you (Matthew 28:18-20).
I have searched throughout the Bible and have found nothing that clearly states that God wants us to be poor and sick. God wants us to prosper so that we can give to others and we cannot do that if we are sick all the time. If you are bashing or constantly attempting to prove others wrong only means that you have an issue and it is coming from your heart.
I am Dale Van De Bogart and I approve of this message!
If you are reading this and have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, what are you waiting for? Click on Free Gift on the top of our website and make Jesus the Lord of your life TODAY! Remember, read your Bible daily, it’s good food!